Once instructed, you matter will be handled by a qualified and experienced solicitor under supervision of one of our director.
A note on value added tax (VAT) – All the figures given below include VAT charged at 20% unless specifically stated. However, charging VAT in relation to immigration matters may depend on where you live and what immigration permission you have. We will confirm whether VAT (at a rate of 20%) is payable when you instruct us, and we can work out if VAT is properly chargeable.
Hourly rate: £ 200
On average, normal application will take between 4-8 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £800 and £1600.
The exact number of hours will depend on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included
The work will involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you.
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which might take an average of 2.5 hours.
- considering the supporting evidence, you have provided, which we anticipate will take 3 to 6 hours*
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses.
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2-4 hours.
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 2 and 3 hours of work.
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*The amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters’ fees at £75 per hour. This kind of application will normally require between 2-4 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case.
- Independent expert reports e.g., medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal